If you are so busy that you hardly find time to clean your home, then the iRobot Roomba 980 will be of great help to you. It takes care of your home’s vacuuming needs while you handle the more important things in life.
There is no worry about the robot’s battery running low while at work as it recharges itself as needed till the task is completed. You can program it to keep your floors sparkling and neat and tidy using its iRobot Home App from your Smartphone anytime and anywhere you want.
It also has a powerful AeroForce Cleaning System and Carpet Boost which delivers 10 times the vacuuming power to effectively remove all the dust and dirt on carpets and rugs. It not only works on all floor types but is only 3.6” tall enough to fit under most furniture, beds, and kickboards.
The iRobot Roomba 980 uses iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization to smoothly steer across the entire level of your home. Its iAdapt camera helps the robot keep track of its location and keeps updating all the room maps of your home.
Recharges and Resumes Work
The automatic vacuum cleaner recharges itself as needed, till it completes its job. It usually works for about 120 minutes on a single charge before recharging.
The robotic carpet sweeper works on its iRobot Home App which lets you conveniently program its cleaning schedule to as many as 7 times a week. You can program your schedule anytime and from anywhere you want. You thus have complete control over how the robot vac cleans your home.
iRobot Roomba 980 device allows you to select between the unit making one or two passes when cleaning if it should use the Carpet Boost feature on especially dirty spots, or if it should give a final edge clean.
The app also feeds you access tips, support, and tricks which prove helpful as you keep track of the automatic carpet sweeper as it attends to its chores.
Extra Power Boost
The iRobot Roomba 980 robot vacuum has an AeroForce Cleaning System with Carpet Boost which boosts the unit’s air power 10 times. It does this automatically increasing its motor’s performance on carpets and rugs. This proves helpful when there is lots of dirt and dust on some parts of carpets.
3-Step Cleaning System
The iRobot Roomba 980 works on a 3-stage cleaning system that is a combination of agitation, brushing, and suctioning of dirt and dust. It also has a spinning side brush which keeps corners and wall edges spic and span. There are also additional tangle-free extractors that prevent hair and debris from blocking the machine.
Easy to Use
The iRobot is so easy to use; you just have to press its ‘Clean’ button and it starts working. As it automatically docks and recharges itself when its battery runs low, it’s always ready to work. Its Dual Mode Virtual Wall Technology gives you better control over the robot’s working process.
Pros of iRobot Roomba 980
- Wi-Fi enabled which lets you control the robot through your Smartphone
- iRobot Home App lets you schedule a maximum of 7 dates and timings
- 3-step system which agitates brushes and suctions off dirt and debris from floors and carpets
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization guides the robot while it works
- AeroForce Cleaning System and Carpet Boost get rid of deeply embedded dust and dirt
- Easy for anyone to use at the press of a button
- Dual Mode Virtual Wall Technology gives better control over the automatic vacuum
- Runs for 120 minutes on a single charge
- Automatically docks and recharges itself when the battery goes low
- Has a low profile at 3.6” to easily clean under furniture, cupboards, and beds
- Can clean an area as large as 2000 sq. feet
Cons of iRobot Roomba 980
- Takes too long to clean around 6 hours for 2000 sq. ft
- Tangle-free extractors are not as effective as claimed
- Rather noisy while at work
- Some complain it leaves scratches everywhere it goes
- Does not automatically recharge itself at times
- Battery lasts for only an hour when on Carpet Boost